WATCH: The BBC are on Talbot Street filming
WATCH: The BBC are on Talbot Street filming a new Irish crime drama Buzz.ieThe BBC are in town, filming a new crime drama series, and we got a look at them in action earlier on today. Dublin murders features Killian Scott.
Posted on 26 February 2019 | 12:00 am
Obituary: Sylvia Kay – Popular sitcom
Obituary: Sylvia Kay – Popular sitcom actor who showed early promise on stage | Obituaries The StageSylvia Kay was a familiar television face during the heyday of studio-based television drama who showed early promise on stage.
Posted on 26 February 2019 | 12:00 am
Oscars in Memoriam 2019 - Oscars
Oscars in Memoriam 2019 OscarsThe Oscars in Memoriam 2019 serves as a tribute to the many talents and craftpersons we've lost this past year.
Posted on 25 February 2019 | 12:00 am
Culture's last taboo: we all love a good
Culture's last taboo: we all love a good snob Telegraph.co.ukLast month, Danny Dyer, the EastEnders actor, responded to critics in anticipation of his latest venture. Before it had even started, Danny Dyer's Right Royal ...
Posted on 24 February 2019 | 12:00 am
Inside Elizabeth Taylor's death: The truth
Inside Elizabeth Taylor's death: The truth revealed New IdeaElizabeth Taylor was one of the world's greatest Hollywood legends and new information has come to light regarding her death in March 2011.
Posted on 21 February 2019 | 12:00 am
Resolved Question: Who else is saddened by
...the actor Clive Swift has passed away..
Posted on 1 February 2019 | 2:21 pm
Resolved Question: What does Million-dollar
Does it mean you have to be extremely attractive or have the appearance of Angelina Jolie, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Taylor Swift, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Cheryl Cole, Rita Ora, Emma Watson, etc.?
Does it mean you have to have big t*ts or big a*s and sex appeal?
It feels like any Asian women who will sit beside Caucasian women will look average/plain jane in western standard of beauty. Most especially those women from Southeast Asia.
In Asia, having white skin and pointed nose are already attractive but in the US and in Europe, they set higher standard of beauty if I'm not mistaken. Some, if not quite a few of us feel down sometimes.
Posted on 5 October 2015 | 1:11 am
Resolved Question: Who is someone
besides queen and kings and dukes and monarchs
Posted on 20 March 2013 | 4:52 am
Resolved Question: What is the title of this
There was a movie we watched back in school when I would have been in either grade 5 or 6. It was roughly a half hour long, and I'll try to give as many details from it as possible...
1) There are two brothers, the older one is in his 70s/80s, and is a professor or scientist and lives in a mansion. He's always inventing new things, and takes pride in his work and who he is. His younger brother (John, I think was his name), on the other hand, is the type of guy who drinks, gambles and lives a less than respectable type of life.
2) Somewhere in the story, we learn that the professor is fairly well off or has access to a large sum of money and has chosen not to spend it. John is well aware of the funds, and wishes to gain access to them in order to keep up with his lifestyle. Professor dodges his brother at every turn, and keeps the money well hidden.
3) This part I can't recall for sure. Somehow or other, the professor passes away. I think it was simply old age as far as I can remember. Anyhow, now that he's gone, John is certain that as the only surviving family/heir, naturally he will get the money.
4) While searching through the mansion, clues lead the brother to the professor's study, where an odd coffin with the top made of glass is displayed. Curiosity gets the better of him, and he climbs into it. As he lays down, the top closes and he realizes the money is inside the side panels of the coffin. However, he can't escape and his brother's voice starts speaking from a recorder.
5) John begins to freak out, followed by a needle that comes out of the one panel and shoots poison into his arm. The recording tells him that he will be dead in a short while, but long enough for him (the professor) to say his final words to his brother. The coffin has a set of four wheels, and drives out the mansion and into the nearby forest, all the while the recording is still playing. Eventually, the coffin stops and blades come out of the four corners in place of the wheels. The blades slice the earth around them, and the coffin starts to sink. The last vision John has before dying is dirt being tossed on the glass top.
This movie was seriously creepy, and why we ever had to watch it I can't begin to figure out. (My teacher was a real piece of work too though, so who knows LOL!). Anyways, any suggestions as to the title of this film would be much appreciated :)
PS- Forgot to mention, I would estimate that this video was done either in the 1960s 0r 70s, and was a very low-quality sort of film. That's the one! As soon as I saw the mansion at the beginning, I knew that was it :) Can't resolve my question yet, but thank you both for your answers :)
Posted on 9 September 2011 | 11:26 am
Resolved Question: Put these celebrities in
jonathan rhys meyers
Posted on 15 August 2011 | 4:46 pm