French multimedia artists showcase quarries
French multimedia artists showcase quarries Quarry MagazineA former limestone quarry in Les Baux-de-Provence in southern France has been transformed into an immersive multimedia exhibit space dedicated to art and ...
Posted on 29 April 2019 | 12:00 am
5 of the most beautiful hotels in Provence -
5 of the most beautiful hotels in Provence VOGUE ParisWith endless days of sun, breathtaking views and delicious delicacies to enjoy, Provence is a charming haven. Take a look at the region's most beautiful hotels ...
Posted on 24 April 2019 | 12:00 am
8 & $20 Recipe: Lentils with Sausages
8 & $20 Recipe: Lentils with Sausages and Arugula Wine SpectatorThis filling, one-pan dinner pairs well with a Grenache blend, red Bordeaux or other savory red wine. Get the Wine Spectator recipe!
Posted on 9 April 2019 | 12:00 am
A Quarry of Lights in Southern France - The
A Quarry of Lights in Southern France The AtlanticIn the commune of Les Baux-de-Provence in southern France sits the Carrières de Lumières, or Quarries of Lights. A former limestone quarry that closed down ...
Posted on 26 March 2019 | 12:00 am
Provence Wine Regions - Wine-Searcher
Provence Wine Regions Wine-SearcherProvence is a wine region in the far southeastern corner of France, best known for the quality (and quantity) of its rosé wines and for its warm, mild climate.
Posted on 20 March 2019 | 12:00 am
Resolved Question: Need information on
anyone been to Provence,France?
Any nice place for tourism? How special is it?
Posted on 6 December 2012 | 5:21 pm
Resolved Question: Benelux-France-Spain
I am arriving Monday the 29th in Brussels and am departing Brussels for home the 8th. I have bought a railpass that covers 6 days of travel (nonconsecutive) in 3 countries, i.e., Benelux, France, and Spain. I need a sample itinerary.
A little history: I have been to Europe three times with my family of 5 and have seen the high points of Paris and Amsterdam, though there are things there I had to leave unseen. We are going to Denmark, Sweden, and the Baltic states next year. The purpose of this trip is that I have always wanted to do a solo trip and I have a little bit of the blues right now, so I want to get off the beaten path, enjoy the train ride through southern France, and see some things I have never seen before...even unimportant things. I just want to reflect and rest my brain
Can anyone offer suggestions of what would be a good itinerary? If need be, I could use local transportation between Brussels and Amsterdam (I hear it's cheap) and then save my 6 railpass days for France and Spain.
Posted on 22 October 2012 | 8:40 am
Resolved Question: Periodic table of the
I have 13 questions about the periodic table of the elements! You don't have to answer all of them, but even if you can answer some of them it would be a GREAT help!
1. I am the metal present in the green pigments in plants which converts light energy to chemical energy.
2. I am the metal which is an important element in mortar, plaster, and Portland cement.
3. Unlike most etals, I allow X-rays to pass through me quite readily. you are likely to find me in the windows of X-ray tubes.
4. Bang! I am the element formed when a hydrogen bomb explodes.
5. Ring around the rosie! This element can join together in a variety of rings and chains.
6. Need a purgative? You get this metallic element in Epsom salts.
7. I am a colourless, odourless gas. When I burn, I form water.
8. I am also a colourless, odourless gas. I am used in enormous quantities in steel blast furnaces.
9. Give thanks for me. In the upper atmosphere I prevent ultraviolet rays from the sun from reaching the earth's surface and destroying life on earth.
10. Versatility is my name. There are more than two million compounds containing me.
11. Parlez-vous francais? The core of this metal derives its name from the village of Les Baux in France, where it was discovered in 1821.
12. Be careful! Small amounts of me are needed for plant growth, but large amounts are toxic, so I am found in both fertilizers and weed killers.
13. Guard your jewels! Emerald and aquamarine consist of the oxide of this element.
THANKS SO MUCH!
Posted on 9 September 2011 | 3:14 am
Resolved Question: Names of 10 Beautiful
Please give me the French name (with the article le, la, l', les) and please don't direct me to a site, I've been to a lot of them and half of them state villages not even located in France. They have to be in France. :D Thanks
Posted on 31 August 2011 | 10:24 am
Resolved Question: Can someone give me a
only southeast of france please and can you give me a little detail about them? if not i can just search it up on my own but please give me a list of names of the monuments. ty
Posted on 11 April 2011 | 7:53 am